Dr. William H. Strader, Ed.D
Dr. William H. Strader, Ed.D., Professor of Early Childhood Education, brings over 20 years of expertise to Grounds For Play. As a consultant and a trusted advisor, Dr. Strader works in conjunction with our staff and educates them on leading methods to bring education and play into the designs of our playgrounds. As an advisor, Dr. Strader can provide professional reviews for Grounds For Play designs to meet or exceed age-appropriate play environments.
With a Master of Education and a Doctorate of Education, he held positions at various colleges and universities with their Departments of Education. His distinguished career began as a Professor of Early Childhood Education at Fitchburg State College. He also held adjunctive faculty positions with Brown University, Bay State College at Boston and Fisher College at New Bedford, Brockton, and North Attleboro sites.
In addition to teaching, Dr. Strader is the Coordinator for the Institute for Early Childhood Leadership and Professional Development at Johnson & Wales University. There he developed, designed and implemented the Masters of Education (M.Ed.) in Early Childhood Administration and Leadership. Additional accolades include:
- Former Chair, Department of Early Childhood Education at Hesser College (Mr. Washington College)
- Former president of the Board of Directors, Options for Working Families of the Childcare Resource & Referral Services for the State of Rhode Island
- Former member of the Board of Directors for Reach Out and Read Rhode Island
- Faculty advisor for various Early Childhood Clubs including Hesser College, Mitchell College, and Fitchburg State College
- Co-Chaired the Curriculum Assessment Committee, the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) Standard Five, Faculty Committee and was a member of the NEASC Steering Committee for Hesser College
- Served as a faculty sponsor/advisor for such honor societies as Alpha Chi, the National College Honor Scholarship Society, Alpha Lambda Delta, Phi Theta Kappa, Kappa Delta Pi and the Order of Omega
- Advisory Board Member of the Human Development and Early Childhood Education Series for Annual Editions
- Member of the Advisory Counsel for Early Childhood Programs of Penn Foster College
- Kaplan University’s College of the Arts Advisory Board Member
Dr. Strader is involved with the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) as a facilitator for the Student Interest Forum, a member of the NAEYC Play, Policy and Practice Interest Forum, and the Men in Early Childhood Education Interest Forum. With his experience and specific discipline in early childhood education, Dr. Strader's involvement with Grounds For Play continues to make GFP a leading early childhood play environment expert. With his input, our play environments are ensured to be designed to incorporate education, play, and safety.