Sales / Design Consultant
Due to continued success, several new Design Consultants are needed in key regions across the country. The full-time, independent contractor is responsible for understanding the needs of our clients, analyzing the options available, and designing the best solutions. Design Consultants establish leads by prospecting, speaking at trade shows and conferences, personal networking and by maximizing the leads generated through corporate marketing. In addition to manufacturing and installing, Grounds For Play assists Design Consultant's by turning designs into an AutoCAD drawing and by providing pricing. Designer's present the drawings and proposal to the prospect and follow the sales cycle thru closing. Grounds For Play environments are found in numerous Fortune 500 companies, hundreds of government and military facilities, as well as thousands of early childhood centers, daycares, churches, schools and parks throughout the United States and abroad.
- Prospect for new playground sales and installations and sell Grounds For Play equipment and products in a specific geographic territory
- Communicate and present to a wide variety of decision-makers to sell play environments
- Design and space plan age appropriate and developmentally appropriate play environments by learning customer objectives, space requirements and design preferences
- Attend conferences and trade shows to educate potential customers
- Maintain customer relationships, seek referrals and additional contacts
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies
- Sales experience with proven sales record
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability & confidence in working straight commission
- Moderate travel throughout a territory is required
- Ability to cold call and generate prospecting list is required
- Consistency in meeting sales goals
- Territory revenue growth
- Client development and management
- Creativity, problem solving and design ability is required
- Highly energetic self-starter with ability to work independently
- Ethical and honest business practices
- Background in early childhood education, child development, architecture, design, or representing playground equipment is desirable
- Ability to envision the potential of a play and/or outdoor environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a willingness to meet new people
- 1-year stipend during your account building period
- Successful Sales Representatives have unlimited earning potential
- Sales Representatives manage own schedule and business book
About the Company:
Create a difference for children. Grounds For Play is a full-service design-build commercial playground and outdoor environment product manufacturer based in Mansfield, Texas providing customized children's environments and outdoor environment products since 1983. Creative play environments, NOT just playgrounds, are our specialty.
As more than a premier playground manufacturer, Grounds For Play offers turn-key solutions for all outdoor equipment needs: fall zone materials, surfacing, shades, shelters, pavilions, trash receptacles, benches, tables and the safest play equipment in the market today! Our passion for safety, quality and great design sets us apart from our competitors. Grounds For Play environments are found in numerous Fortune 500 companies, hundreds of government and military facilities, as well as thousands of early childhood centers, daycares, churches, schools and parks throughout the United States and abroad. Visit our website for a more in-depth look at our offerings.
Our success as a leading provider of play environments stems from our research-based approach emphasizing early childhood education principles. Good playgrounds don't just happen; they require planning. That is why we are committed to our products and our philosophies. The environments we provide--where children play, learn and grow have the potential to nourish and enrich lives.
Grounds For Play recognition:
- As far as we know, we’re the only U.S. playground company with national and international distribution that has never been sued for injury to a child
- Since 1998, our playground equipment has included 100% recycled components.
If you understand the nature of a straight commission position and have drive for success, we want to talk to you.
To be considered as a member of our team, please submit your credentials to
Robert Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
1401 E. Dallas Street
Mansfield, Texas 76063
If you have questions, call 800-552-7529.